If you wish to invite the Mayor of Todmorden to attend or open an event or make a presentation, please contact the Town Council office on 01706 548135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have to prit out, complete and submit the Invitation to the Town Mayor form (PDF document – new window).
The Town Mayor for 2017-2018 is Cllr Christine Potter, who was elected in May 2017. Her charity for the year is Age UK Todmorden.
The role of the Mayor includes:
- acting as an ambassador for the town
- promoting the town regionally and internationally
- fostering good working relationships with local industry and business
- supporting local charities and community groups
- chairing council meetings
- receiving regional and international visitors
- representing the town at civic functions and engagements
The Deputy Mayor for 2017-2018 is Cllr Andy Hollis.
The Deputy Mayor assists the Town Mayor by undertaking the Mayor’s functions should he or she be unavailable.